Sunday, September 13, 2009

Awkward Keyboard Moments!

I am afraid of the germs in the computer lab. It takes me at least 5 minutes to sanitize the computer and my hands before I can start any work. I get 2 complimentary Lysol wipes, and find an empty spot. I wipe down the mouse and the keyboard first and then I wipe down the desk area. Sure, some may call me a germaphobe, but I just call it cautious.

Obviously, it takes me a long time to get started on any homework I have to do in the computer lab. But, the other day it took me unusually longer. I had just sanitized my computer and started typing away. I have a problem when I type, I always break the 2nd most valuable lesson everyone knows about typing. I don’t look at the screen when I am typing. I was almost finished with my assignment when I looked at the screen and nothing made any sense. All of my A’s were Q’s, the M’s were }, and my ? marks were ! marks. I had no idea what was happening. I tried pushing those keys over and over and the same thing always happened. I finally got to the point, the lowest of low. I made my sister, who was sitting next to me, log onto her Facebook and write on my wall the letters I needed. Finally, I was able to copy and paste the letters into their right position. I shutdown my computer and as I left I rubbed some the complimentary hand sanitizer on my hands.

P.S. Later I realized that if you exit out of the program then the keys will work again.

No comments: