A few months ago I went to "The Proposal" in theaters. The romantic-comedy was occasionally funny and I loved Ryan Reynolds' acting. However, I did not enjoy the script. I felt like it was an adaption of many cable movies I have watched. The whole I have a fake fiance and I am now in love with him thing didn't really impress me. It could have been an amazing movie, but the script didn't flow well. There were some really unrealistic parts of the movie. At one point a bird almost ate a dog and a phone. I think the writer just added strange things because the script had to flow.
I have recently re-watched it now that it is out on DVD and my opinion still hasn't changed. My whole family loves it and they think I am their cynical family member because I am a film major and I look at films differently now. Would I recommend this movie? I guess it depends on the person. If you love romantic-comedy's go for it, if you love Ryan Reynolds watch it, but if you're like me and you're sick of the fake fiance thing do not watch it.
Peace and Love,
Krystal
P.S. There is one ABCFamily movie that was actually called, "My Fake-Fiance" starring Melissa Joan Heart and Joey Lawrence and I didn't mind that one because I didn't expect it to be good or funny, so it ended up being better than I though. (But isn't that how it goes, if you expect something to be good it usually isn't and if you expect something to suck it's better than expected?) The script was weird and had a nonsense Mafia thing to it, but besides that I have a crush on the old teen heart throb Lawrence brother.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment